Monday, June 21, 2010

Wow, I can't believe how time flies by! I didn't realize that it had been 3 weeks since my last post.

Rylee went to the doctor today. She has had some pretty serious congestion that causes her to cough really bad and she was wheezing and sort of gasping overnight. Her doctor said that babies can make a cup of mucous a day! whoa! That's a lot! She said that there isn't a whole lot that we can do for her other than humidifier, saline spray and steam. She did go ahead and prescribe her with an inhaler. Not because she is concerned for asthma but to help her when she gets so congested that she is wheezing and can't clear it out. Last night, Ryan was ready to give her a shot of his. She has been smiling and in a fairly good mood most of today though. She just smiled and talked to the nurse and the doctor! She is such a personable baby at times! Just adds to her cuteness!

I got to looking through some of the pictures that we end up getting of her. Most of them are with someone sleeping. Either she is sleeping, dad is, mom is or everyone in the picture is asleep. Made me think that there sure is a lot of sleeping that goes on around here. Maybe it is just a lot of napping!




The other night, Rachel fed Rylee for the first time. They both did really well. I did find carrots in Rylee's nose the next morning but I think most of it made it in her mouth! Rachel is a great big sister and really helps out with Rylee. Rylee watches everything she does when she is here too.



Some of the milestones that Rylee has achieved: rolled over (only once but that works for me!), says babababa and mamama (seems to come out the most when she is upset) and dadada... Dad is extremely glad that she is finally saying dada. She said it for him yesterday too, on Father's Day. She also signed his card although she was more interested in getting the pin in her mouth rather than holding on to it so I could write her name. She also sits up really well. She can sit up for a good amount of time and can just about correct herself from falling over. She still falls over more often than not but she is doing really well. I am amazed at the little muscles that babies have. She can hold her legs straight out just above the ground for a long long time! Momma can't remember the last time she was able to do that. I know I don't have the stomach muscles for it now!
Well, I guess it is time to go... She is holding her arms out and fussing and saying mamama.... Do you really think that she is already hollering at me??? That is quite ok. She knows what she gets when she does that, her momma comes and saves her! lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment